Monday, July 25, 2011

Spencer's Idea of...

I've decided to try out a new blog series, likely ongoing, just for fun. It amuses me myself, knowing that with just about everything, I have a different outlook than most people. Be it from politics to movies, science to a new piece of technology, art to clothing, Spencer likely has something unique, unusual, strange, or downright barbaric to say. Without trying to be arrogant, you have to admit I, what I say, and this blog are...well, unique, right?

So I thought I'd amuse myself, and perhaps my readers, with a new series: "Spencer's idea of...."

Today's topic: the United Nations!

Spencer's idea of the UN is ancient Greece in the time of Alexander the Great. With all of the city-states (poleis) united into one Greek nation (all done with military force, mind you), it was time for a little "aggressive expansion". Alexander then used the "United Nations" to begin conquering the known world.

Yup. The UN is a war machine. :-)

Spencer

3 comments:

olde.fashioned said...

I think I like the sounds of this series! :D

What about user submitted "Spencer's Idea Of" requests? Then you can answer them as you see fit?

Jonas said...

"Be it from politics to movies, science to a new piece of technology, art to clothing, Spencer likely has something unique, unusual, strange, or downright barbaric to say."

You actually had me laughing out loud there :D Bring out your battle-axe and show us your views, man!

Oh, and I take it you didn't accidentally quote the Joker in describing the UN, right? ;)

The Warrior said...

OF: Sure, as long as I like the question. Shoot away, guys!

Jonas: Hahaha, I plan to my friend, I plan to! :-D

Oh, and the Joker? ...all right. I did. I so did. :-D