Wednesday, June 29, 2011

An Update

After carefully reviewing my position, it looks like I have 2 (maybe, maybe 3) months before The End. That's at least moderate news. However, my position continues to be dangerous and tactically ill-advised. I need a victory, and ASAP. I've displaced/fallen back far too many times the past few years. It would be nice to succeed for once, and push forward. Drive them back!

I need to win this battle, so I can continue in the war. What follows is many, many battles, a good deal of them expected to be far uglier than this one. It matters not; what matters is that I want in on it.

I always find watching Patton encouraging. I did so a couple of months ago. I'm now reminded of the scene, "An entire world at war, and I'm left out of it?!?! God will not permit this to happen! I'm going to be allowed to fulfill my destiny!" A world may not be at war, it is true. But the entire universe is at war instead, as it has been since Lucifer's rebellion in Heaven. This isn't a war of men, armies, or nations. It is a war of finality in its foretold and consummate conclusion. For now, it is all that there is. God vs. Satan. Good vs. Evil. Don't you want to be a part of that? I do. (After all, He did die for me and all my many screw-ups, now and in future, so it's only proper that I swear allegiance unto Him and fight in His army, don't you think?)

If I can win this battle, then I can continue picking off the obstacles that oppose me, one by one. It's taken me years to even subsist in the stasis that now has been removed from me. I want progression. I want purpose. (Agent Smith, anyone?) Like Patton, I want to "fulfill my destiny". God chose my destiny; therefore, following this path is in line with God's will. It may not always go about like I plan it or want it to (i.e., like right now!), but the war is our destiny, whatever part we take in it.

True, they came for me. But if I can win here, get back on my feet, and start campaigning again...I'll come for them.

Spencer
(Prayers, please--that I may win here and now, in my next battles hereafter, and in what I call the War of Final Definition. Don't worry about what it is right now; you'll know it when you see it.)

4 comments:

Katherine Sophia said...

The war isn't over until the end of the world... though Jesus Christ has already won it. Praying that here, now, and in this battle He will give you victory. Keep fighting!

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Joel the Immerser said...

Praying, mate!

The Warrior said...

Thank you, thank you both....

The Warrior said...

P.S. I've decided War of "Total" Definition is much better than "Final".