Monday, May 02, 2011

Osama bin Laden: Is He Really Dead?

I've been waiting for this little bit of news for ten years now. I am disappointed to have to say tonight, I'm not sure that I believe it.

Straight from his 2012 threat (Donald Trump) and the countless cries of "Forgery!" that have echoed since the birth certificate release (Did you really think I was alone?), this little development strikes me as far too timely. Something in me refuses to not ask the question, is this a desperate attempt by an ever-less-popular political schemer to revamp his image into a successful American leader, just in time for election season?

Of course, lying about this is quite risky, not to mention enormously dark. I want to see the body, I can tell you that much (of course it is possible that if this story is indeed true his face...well, isn't quite pretty). How long does a DNA test take, anyone know? Depends on how recent the kill was supposed to be, I guess.... There are countless reasons why I could be wrong here. Obviously I don't know, and I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong. The death of a monster is something I'm not afraid to smile at.

But you'll forgive me if I have difficulties trusting our current "fearless leader".

Spencer

7 comments:

Paradox said...

Is it weird that this is almost verbatim what I was thinking late last night...?

guitargirl said...

THANK YOU!!! I honestly thought I was the only one who found it a little fishy.

olde.fashioned said...

Allegedly he was killed sometime on Sunday, and did you hear what the best part is? We DUMPED HIS BODY IN THE OCEAN. Supposedly we've got a "very very graphic" photo of his body (which I want to see btw), but there's a debate as to whether or not it should be released.

Let's get Trump to ask for it, haha!

The Warrior said...

OK. So at least I'm not the only one. We smelt a rat....

So I hear he received a double-tap to the side of his face. That would result in one nasty photo...but still, we must see it.

And so we "buried" him at sea...ok, this is dang sketchy.

Spencer

guitargirl said...

I saw the picture on Facebook yesterday, and to be quite honest with you, it's not nearly as bad as I expected... especially with having friends in the military and knowing the kind of guns they use.

And he was buried at sea because of "Muslim customs." Not that we ever gave a flip about the customs of prisoners of war before.

And I also read on CNN or some related news article that only a handful of people in Washington even knew about this raid. The more I read about this the more questions I have. So I'd say more than likely we're not going to be hearing from Osama for a while, but I find it very hard to believe he's dead.

The Warrior said...

The only "picture" I've seen is the clearly fake one...looks like an internetz amateur. Did I miss something?

Spencer

Hannah Jane said...

I tend to agree with you. Its just too..fishy.