Friday, May 27, 2011

Behold ! the Epic Entrance Music of The Spencer!

Greetings, my epic-minded friends!

In continuation of this post here, I've picked a list of entrance themes...note I said "theme-s" and not "theme"...for how could I choose just one? An entrance theme is to make one's entrance known, at a particular place, at a particular time, to a particular group of people, when you're in a particular mood and about to do something in particular, most likely. How could I choose just one?

An entrance song is very different than a theme song, and I've been thinking about doing a theme song post for some time. Just note that these two lists are different, and also, will overlap a fair bit. In order of preference, I give you, the list of Spencer's entrance themes!


"End of Line" - TRON: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

I was actually surprised that this made top of the list; not that it isn't epic and amazing, but that nothing else could beat it. Listen to it, watch the "entrance" scene from the film that this is played in, and tell me, is this not epic? It just screams, "I am cool, I am confident, and I am on the scene!"


"Derezzed" - TRON: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

Who doesn't want to enter the scene to these sounds?


"Aggressive Expansion" - The Dark Knight Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

From around 3:50 on. Been a mental entrance theme for me for years, usually when I need to do something epic or serious. "We made it!"


"Pompeii" - E.S. Posthumus

Simply amazing. Epic enough to die to!


The Matrix Lobby Scene
Unfortunately this sequence never made it to the soundtrack, so here's a clip for you to see a near-perfect entrance theme set to a near-perfect entrance! (Embedding disabled, sorry.)


"Rinzler" - TRON: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

Really just the latter portion of the track...similar in vein to TDK's "Aggressive Expansion". It's fight music to me. Love it!


"Prologue" - Battlestar Galactica Soundtrack (2004 Miniseries) by Richard Gibbs
I may not be a Cylon, but who wouldn't want to be as scary as one? (Embedding again disabled.)


"Fall" - TRON: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

If I could enter the room to this, I'd wager things would happen just like they did when Flynn entered the End of Line club (when this theme played). Oooohh!


"Arena" - TRON: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

I imagine myself coming out of an elevator on this one...or, something. Some sort of slow, epic thing like that.


"Idyll's End" - The Last Samurai Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer


This Tokyo "entrance" theme is good enough for Katsumoto and Ujio? Then it's good enough for me! (From 5:10 on.)


"Batman Beyond (Main Title)" - Batman Beyond Soundtrack by Kristopher Carter

C'mon...he always had an epic entrance!


"Navras" - The Matrix Revolutions Soundtrack by Juno Reactor vs. Don Davis

Why does Spencer persist? Because he chooses to! (Really only the beginning of this one...the rest isn't that good.)


"Ronin" - The Last Samurai Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer


This is fight music to me, yet again...don't mess with me if this is my current entrance music. I'm likely getting ready to do something big. (1:06 to end.)


"End Credits" - Batman Begins Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

6:58 on. Epic victory theme!


"The Day The World Went Away" - Nine Inch Nails (Terminator: Salvation trailer music)

Another rising sound (at 0:33), this one is quite excellent to set the mood.


"You Must Kill Him" - Equilibrium Soundtrack by Klaus Badelt

I'm about to do something...I don't know...epic!


"Skidoo" - Mairead Nesbitt
0:35 on. If I enter with this running...will I jig, air-fiddle furiously, or begin fighting my foes? This I do not yet know. All I know is that this theme is epic! (Again, sorry, no embedding. Arggh!)


"Carmina Burana" - Carl Orff

'Nuff said.


"Returns A King" - 300 Soundtrack by Tyler Bates

This one would scream, "THIS IS SPENCAAAAARRR!"


"Barbastella" - Batman Begins Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

As Bruce's purpose was revealed to him during this sequence, so my purpose would be revealed to others...those in the room I was entering, of course. (4:02)


"Menouthis" - E.S. Posthumus

Who couldn't die to this?


"And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad" - The Dark Knight Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard


"Not very subtle"...exactly my style!


"Rectifier" - TRON: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

For when I'm feeling just a little bit evil.


"Vespertilio" - Batman Begins Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

And here is my more subtle, understated, and basely frightening entrance.


"Gaudete" - Anuna

For when I'm rebelling against my evil surroundings, rejoicing in my own victorious element, with my coat flowing behind me, everyone staring, and no one even knows that this is playing in my head.


"Centaur" - X-Ray Dog (The Book of Eli trailer music)

If it's good enough for machete-wielding, Bible-reading Eli, it's good enough for me!


"Imaginary" - Evanescence

The sequence beginning at 2:50. If you're hearing this, you're probably about to die....


Matrix Reloaded DVD Menu Music

A good short intro, it makes me want to do impromptu martial arts moves.


"End Credits" - Tombstone Soundtrack, by Bruce Broughton

If four fighting men with black coats stalking in a row isn't enough to get you pumped, then this theme will surely be sufficient.


"Barbarian Horde" - Gladiator Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

5:37 to 6:05. If this one suddenly booms in your ears, look around the area to find me, and do it quick...for you are about to die...death by gladius, actually...and I'll likely be on a horse, too, just in case that helps....


"Outlands, Part II" - TRON: Legacy Soundtrack by Daft Punk

Reader Jonas encouraged me in selecting an organ piece, and as I'd already been considering this one.... Such an epic piece (start 1:27). I'd get a manly version of Gem's conniving look going for this theme.


"He's a Pirate" - Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer

I may not be a pirate, but I just may attack you and steal your books! Beware! I'm no Jack Sparrow, but I'm just as likely to be flamboyant and ferocious. (Wait, is he flamboyant and ferocious? I've never seen the films....)


And if I was feeling silly, very, very silly and not really in a fighting mood? Fun, epic, and evil. Muhahahahaa!

Now, all I have left to do is ask you one simple question. Can you handle the manliness?

Special nod goes to Nathan for his post here, as well as to all those who made the original post such a success in the comments. And for those of you who have not yet chosen your theme song, I challenge you to do so RIGHT NOW, then blog it! Thanks, everybody! You make blogging worth it!

Spencer
[Disclaimer: Please note that an inclusion on this list does not mean I necessarily support the music, artist, film, or whatever may be. Mere illustrative purposes only!]

10 comments:

Nathan said...

Great selection! Did I tell you I finally bought the Tron soundtrack this week? I'm not surprised in the least that it's tracks made it onto your list.

I'm no Jack Sparrow, but I'm just as likely to be flamboyant and ferocious. (Wait, is he flamboyant and ferocious? I've never seen the films....)

Haha. Flamboyant? Yes. Ferocious? No. Jack is so clever he doesn't need to be ferocious. :D

And thanks for the nod, by the way! After seeing your post, I just may have to write a follow-up one of these days. Maybe go through with some form of that life soundtrack, or something. We'll see.

I like fun posts like this. :)

olde.fashioned said...

Spencer + Hans Zimmer = EPIIIIIC!!!!!!

olde.fashioned said...

(But you're epic anyways, dear.) Just sayin'. ;)

Jonas said...

Wow, the power of your epic awesomeness just blasted out of the screeen and nearly knocked me unconscious. I'm glad there's a whole ocean between us ;)

guitargirl said...

Gladiator!! Evanescence!! Pirates, arg!!! Very epic indeed! :D However, you're missing the Star Wars and LOtR themes.

Nathan said...

Wow, the power of your epic awesomeness just blasted out of the screeen and nearly knocked me unconscious. I'm glad there's a whole ocean between us ;)

You and me both! :D

Oh, wait....

Only a desert here. Shoot.

;-D

The Warrior said...

Nathan: Aww dude, I'm jealous! I'm holding out until I can afford the international edition (it has more tracks but seems to run around at least eighty bucks! :-O).

Yeah, I'm planning a full on theme post here soon, all goes well. :-D

OF: :-P

Jonas: ROTFLOLOLOLOL! Don't make my head get any bigger than this music already makes it! :-D

GG: Haha, thank you! But as to Star Wars, you missed my Darth Vader theme, and also see below, and as to LotR I'm unfamiliar....

Nathan: :-D Good thing you're on my "Nice" list. :-P

OK guys, so it looks like I forgot this one, darn! At 2:19:

http://youtu.be/aFIXKXYfEy0

And this would work too (the beginning here), again for when I'm feeling evil...but not being silly.

http://youtu.be/Yvg3P2tn-YQ

Thanks everyone!

Spencer

guitargirl said...

You MUST see LOtR. No ifs ands or buts. You'll love it. And the music is very epic. ;)

The Warrior said...

GG: I eventually will, most likely, after reading the books...although I think I've already made up my mind (disapprove of sorcery, even as a literary device).

Spencer

The Warrior said...

OK, I just discovered another one that should've been on the list....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrkguvGFnrE