Thursday, March 03, 2011

TRON update

After having seen Tron: Legacy a second time now, I'm still amazed at the movie. It's one of the most visually stimulating (not to mention fun) films I've ever seen. Did I mention that Daft Punk also created one of the best soundtracks in cinematic history? (And boy oh boy am I excited about its up-and-coming DVD/BluRay release!)

So now that my Master Avatar Maker has also seen the movie, you will start to see avatars that are from the film, and I'll likely be using them for a while. So that explains the strangeness on my sidebar, at least. ;-P

I'd also like to take this oppurtunity to reiterate that, despite what I like about the film, please do not take my comments as an official endorsement. While there was nothing really too major, the basic idea of Tron is absolutely and inherently impossible, is technically insulting to our humanity, and, if you want to go this far, even unbiblical. It's a great movie to watch, and I love love loved it, but just know what I think about it's philosophical themes at the same time, please. (For more info see my review.)

And sorry I haven't been posting much...I've been busy, and also haven't had much to post of late. So this is all you get for now, kids. :-D

Spencer

3 comments:

The Warrior said...

New rule to span the length of comments on this post: Quote TRON at least once (from memory, if you can)!

I'll go first.

"Change the scheme, alter the mood. ELECTRIFY the boys and girls if you'd be SO kind!"

;-)

Spencer

olde.fashioned said...

Now I have to go and FIX an icon because SOMEONE informed me I got the quote wrong. :P

The Warrior said...

Hey, you gotta have a quote each comment, remember?

"I fight for the users!"