Friday, March 04, 2011

Big Brother wants National and even Internet IDs?

National ID Card?
Internet ID?

Don't we all just love this? Just when I was getting solid to the idea that even just driver's licenses are unconstitutional by themselves (see Patriots by James Wesley Rawles), now Obama and Co. (to be fair, such schemes are always much larger than just him) want me to have a web ID, and it appears to be possible that the National cards have a form of tracking device?

And while I'm not necessarily saying I don't believe the above links (I cannot state the validity of either) I'm also wondering if anyone has had some more luck in finding info? I haven't had too much....

Spencer

6 comments:

The Warrior said...

And by the way, while I don't have the time these days for a full review, I probably couldn't recommend Rawles's Patriots any more. A plain, flat-out MUST READ for today's world...or any, for that matter.

Lady Neferankh said...

Thanks for the recommendation--I'll be sure to check it out!

The Warrior said...

Just know what you're getting into; it's more of that horrid, evil "right-wing extremist" stuff so BEWARE! (One of the best novels I've ever read, really.)

olde.fashioned said...

Like they don't already know where we are with cell phones, cars with GPS and debit/credit cards that track your every purchase (wouldn't be surprised if there's a chip embedded in there somewhere...)

we technically already have National IDs: Social Security cards.

The Warrior said...

And also according to Conservative Action Alerts:

The REAL ID Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-13, 119 Stat 392) was scheduled to go into effect on May 11, 2011, requiring the federalization of State-issued driver's licenses.

But, the Department of Homeland Security has just announced they will extend that deadline by two years to January 2013, because States are revolting against it.


And resistance is futile? I think not!

Joel the Immerser said...

Ugh.