...I won't be doing the entire thing, but I just can't resist doing this one!
So y'all know plenty about me already; how about some lesser-known stuff (or, at least relatively so)?
1. I don't believe in surrendering. I refuse to give up.
2. I usually prefer girls as friends than males--most males are worthless these days. But, given the chance, a manly friend is such a great thing.
3. I love what I call man gear. I carry a briefcase, keep my cell phone in a belt case as well as my keys (in a silencer holster--it silences my keys!). I have a variety of knives for different uses, and in my bag (or on my person) is everything from papers and information for me to do my work (addresses, datebook, political activism information), coins to flip or for change, handkerchiefs, first aid supplies and a dozen different ways to start a fire.
4. I love random jokes, of a certain brand. From silly youtube viral videos, Lady Gaga and Batman spoofs, to Pinky and the Brain and LOLcats, they all make me laugh.
5. I have two running lists, comprised of people. If you make the first, then you have cause to be very pleased, for you are my friend. If you make the second....
6. I'm quite serious about natural, but not nearly like you see everyone else hype about. Forget the current fad diet or supplement pills, you'll see me with any form of meat, vegetables, or fruit (and I don't have an issue with bread, btw). Honey is one of my passions!
7. Here's a strange one, something I've never before mentioned to anyone. I don't know how else to explain it, but I'm receptive to emotions women are supposed to feel. I do not feel them myself, rather, have a strange sixth sense that allows me to vicariously "feel", for lack of a better expression. I figured it out being accidentally exposed to romance films on occasion (unfortunate fact of life for us guys, isn't it?); this understanding was finally cemented and brought forefront, in a way, when I was exposed (Note: did not "watch", was "exposed"!) to a few moments of a Twilight movie. I don't feel anything, but I'm receptive to everything that the scene beckons for the female viewer to feel. I can't explain anything more, as I barely understand it so far.
8. Here's another weird sense I have: I can sense when televisions are on. I'm thinking that the newer TVs (HD, LCD, etc.) are not ones that I can sense from my few experiences with them, but the older boxey sets were often detectable by me. I used to live in a place with a TV in the room adjacent to the bathroom. The bathroom was down a small, contained hallway of sorts, the room itself even tighter, and the overhead light was rigged up with a roaring ceiling fan that made it impossible to hear anything but the loudest of sounds even just outside the door. Whenever someone turned the television on, I could always sense it turn on, the instant it was turned on.
Another event, a place I used to work, had the locker room upstairs in a dark, near-abandoned portion of the building. Inside this old room was a television, used on occasion by a few who preferred private lunches and breaks. I could always tell when it was on, before I could see the room or hear anything emanating from it. One time, almost trying to disprove myself, I sensed the television on, and found that it wasn't. Smiling and satisfied, I walked out with a few people who were leaving with me. To my surprise, in a nearby room, the training room, a television set was sitting alone in the room, static on the screen. I tried to disguise my surprise, and moved on without speaking.
This isn't hearing, but it's almost a form of hearing...it isn't, but that's the best way I can describe it. I can "hear" it but I'm not using my auditory senses. I have no explanation for it...it's also been a while since I've experienced this strange "phenomena".
9. I love insects, spiders, and the like, but hate having rabbits, squirrels, and mice around. At least I wage war on the troublesome arthropods....
10. I'm seriously getting into sci-fi. Mostly garbage from looking from the outside, I've come to love some aspects of the genre. Dystopian and post-apocalyptic are now my favorite fiction genres, and things such as Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers, the Matrix series, and the TV shows Battlestar Galactica, Jericho, and the like have all been blasts to go through. (I don't actually recommend all of those, btw.)
11. I'm a self-professed right-wing radical. Religiously, politically, socially, and even scientifically.
12. I've discovered sling shots. Man are they fun!
13. When I'm with friends, I'm all upbeat. When I'm with clients at my work, I'm all cheerfulness and pleasantries. When I'm out and about, I am usually near-scowling and prefer not to be spoken to. I wonder why....
14. I'm weird about technology...in case you haven't noticed. While I hate most of it, I love things like Abrams tanks and Apache Longbow helicopters. It all depends on the nature: under complete control by man, and efficiently advancing his work (i.e., the microscope, or the rifle), I love certain kinds of technology. Functioning improperly (most computers and digital devices!), being inferior to physical mediums, or, even worse, artificially intelligent.
15. I'm rather noisy....
Phew! That was tough...and enough!
Why You Should Learn Wrist Escapes, 2
32 minutes ago