Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sarah Palin Attacks Our Side

First things first: I never supported, nor voted, for Sarah Palin (and neither did I support those who were undyingly opposed to her). Just to start us off, I'm of the "neanderthal" opinion that a woman shouldn't run for public office.

Second, I don't particularly appreciate it when me and my people are assaulted as somehow less than human (because that's exactly what Palin's words infer). So let's take a look at what she said; click on the link, you can either watch the video or read the transcript (or both).

We see that Sarah Palin is a strong feminist (what, are you surprised?), and that Sarah Palin believes me, and also those who believe as I do, to be "neanderthals" who need to "evolve". I remember hearing, two years back, that Palin supported the Creationist view of things, at least in public school classrooms (whether or not this was true). Now we have her verbally assaulting thousands of strong Christians, using Evolutionist terminology. We're "neanderthals" (commonly considered less highly evolved than true humans), and we need to "evolve". Sheesh, Sarah, couldn't you at least insult me with fair terminology? She can't just say she disagrees with me; no, I'm a neanderthal, and before coming to the table of The
Equality of Humanity, I must evolve first. Really, Sarah?

So, to those who support Palin, I would ask them to please look at her own statements. She's a feminist who is attacking conservative Christians, and, at the very least, she's using Evolutionist terminology to do so (it makes one wonder what she really believes about origins?).

Thanks goes to olde.fashioned, who found Doug's post before I did.

Spencer

12 comments:

The Warrior said...

And maybe it's just me on this one, but I can't help but think that behind this there's a back-handed slap at those "neanderthal" males who believe in strong manhood (i.e., myself). Anyone else think the same?

olde.fashioned said...

What did you expect, Biblical femininity? Female politicians and firm, scripturally-based foundations are never one and the same; on the contrary, they're mutually exclusive.

Jonas said...

I can think of countless reasons to dislike Sarah Palin (myself I'm almost quite scared of her) but whatever she is, she's NOT a feminist. She might want to victimize herself, she might want to legitimize herself, she might just be populistic and trying to win over female votes by vainly trying to use some feminist points but she's leagues from having any kind of feminist viewpoint, really. That woman is power hungry and outright disturbing, that's all.

Also, calling those who don't agree "neanderthals" is of course falling to about an as low level as one could.

guitargirl said...

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I would still support Sarah if she chose to run for any position that would affect me; even though I don't necessarily appreciate her terminology in this particular interview either.

I do think there are cases when it's appropriate for a woman to get a job and that woman should then be treated and paid fairly, that's pretty much all the feminist movement and myself have in common. (Haha!) And as far as I can tell, Palin wasn't stating that she thinks all women everywhere should have to leave home and get a job. Also, her views on things like God and responsibility are more important to me than the wording she chooses to describe the progress of the United States (I use words like "prehistoric" to describe my grandparent's wallpaper; that doesn't mean that I'm a hardcore evolutionist who's bent on imposing my theories on school kids. ;))


I don't mean for that to sound mean or get into a huge theological debate over it, but yeah, that's just my personal opinion. :)

The Warrior said...

OF: True dat!

Jonas: She may not be Betty Friedan, but I still see lots and lots of indicators of at least feministic inlfuences....

GG: No flaming from me, and I assure you none will be allowed towards you on my blog. We may not agree, but you're free to state your opinions and beliefs without fear of reprisal here on my blog. :-)

Spencer

guitargirl said...

Thanks, yo. You'd be surprised at the number of less-harmful comments I've gotten jumped on for. Haha.

Gravelbelly said...

Insightful post.

She was John McCain's cheerleader & running mate. That should tell you all you need to know about the sincerity of Ms. Palin's conservatism.

Jonas said...

"She may not be Betty Friedan, but I still see lots and lots of indicators of at least feministic inlfuences...."

As I said, she's using some feminist points, but there's very few traces of her actually having any kind of a feminist analysis. I'd call her a hypocrite.

I would actually find Palin amusing or outright hilarious, if it weren't for the fact that she holds so much sway, that she even seems to have some realistic chances of coming to great positions of power in the near future. Therefore, like I said, I find her scary...

The Warrior said...

GG: Welcome; and I know whatcha mean. ;-D

Gravelbelly: Indeed it did.

Jonas: I still detect heavy influences of feminism (just look at her profession), but perhaps our definitions are different. I'll agree to disagree.

Re: hilarious...I couldn't help not to find Tina Fey far too hilarious.

Spencer

Jonas said...

Hehe, yes, I found Tina Fey's parodies hilarious as well. However, the wonderful part about Palin is that you don't need to parody her, she does it equally well herself! I think this might be my favourite interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU

I almost thought it was a parody at first, then I realized, wait, this actually is Sarah Palin...

The Warrior said...

I felt somewhat the same way about this interview, although to be somewhat fair it's pretty clear to me that leftist Charlie Gibson threw the "Bush doctrine" in there to confuse her on purpose. For example, what the heck IS the Bush doctrine, and who'd heard of it beforehand?

Spencer

Jonas said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_doctrine

Well, it's one thing for a common guy not to be able to define it but if you're aiming for the highest offices in the country maybe you should have made at least a little research into the foreign policies of said country...

The weirdest part about that interview is her constant repeating of his name though. Obviously a failed attempt at following some kind of media coach I'd suppose.