Thursday, September 16, 2010

Changes to my blog

Don't panic, the changes will not be too big.

Lately, I've been trying to get some things in order; this involves time. Therefore, I've decided I have to cut down on some blog time. Not, not overall, but, long story short, I've made the decision to write fewer reviews. My reasons are thusly:

- Writing a review for every movie or book I read is not always necessary. I'm going to cut it down to the ones that are really worth reviewing.

- My media intake exceeds the time I have to write reviews (one single movie can take one or more hours to write a review, sometimes more).

- I'm getting fewer and fewer responses to my reviews, and if they aren't of use to anyone, I'm less inclined to spend hours writing them.

- I want to spend more blogging time on other things, such as returning to the "political arena" and getting my blog's news-orientation back on track


That said, my reviews are not going to disappear. I will continue to write them; just fewer. My time is shrinking all over the place, so even my non-review posts may be short and quick in appearance (and friends, please don't rake me over the coals for an article I posted to alert you to a topic, and that I didn't entirely read--I don't have the time for this!).

And now is a great time for my readers to chip in and tell me what they like to see here (and, as always, remember that the best way to tell me this is to comment on said posts).

Spencer

2 comments:

olde.fashioned said...

Of course I'll be sorry to see one of my favourite features of your blog, but "stuff" happens and the blogosphere is usually the first to fall victim to life's chopping block.

Nathan said...

Good for you! Blogging definitely doesn't need to be a priority, for anyone. I recently changed my blogging habits myself, and it's been such a good thing for me since then.