Monday, August 02, 2010

New Film: Romans vs. Picts

Check out this trailer.



Looks interesting, but I'm just not sure yet.... Is that Xena I see? And on the poster (see link), is that double-bladed axe very Pictish? Speaking of which, I know next to nothing about Picts, but what I do know is that sometime after this date they were making Christian-themed architecture and art, etc. So I don't know how well this barbarian thing fits, but they were pretty much Celt-like at this time, am I wrong? I'm really just thinking out loud, and have no idea...so this could be just me making myself look like an imbecile. Should be an interesting watch though.

Oh. And I'm skeptical about a movie where the Romans are the good guys and the Picts are the bad ones. :-/

Thanks goes to Olde.Fashioned for the heads-up.

Spencer

1 comment:

olde.fashioned said...

It looks like Gladiator meets Braveheart. *rolls eyes* We'll see how bad "Xena" there is or rather, how much of a warrior princess we'll have to endure...I really wish Hollywood would invest in a couple DK Eyewitness Books on history. *facepalm*