Monday, July 12, 2010

The Art of Manliness: Dance Like Zorba the Greek: Getting in Touch with Your Wild Man

Yo!

Just forget about the "dance" part for a second. I just loved this post, and am quite pleased to see someone else besides me endorse it, for the first time in my life.

What exactly do I mean?

If you've ever been around me in person, you'd see that covering all that dark seriousness is a very non-serious silliness. I'm wacky, and am rather crazy as well. Have you ever seen me howl like a wolf? Have you ever been in the room when I did what has come to be called "My Monkey?" Have you ever heard me ponder the reasons why Fuzzy Wuzzy isn't fuzzy? How about pretend to sing opera? Or make exaggerated, mock martial arts moves to entertain a kid? I've done it all, peeps.

What's more, I do this all the time. And, naturally, due to how the rest of the world is, this creates some issues. Know it before you do it: if you intend to be as insane as I am, you will receive a lot of negativity, to say the least. I'm known just about everywhere as the crazy one.

But why was this AoM post so awesome? Because, like me, he just doesn't even care! Who on earth wants to be like the rest of the punks in the world?

So here's to being wacky and silly. There ain't a thing wrong with it, and it's awesome to be that way.

WAHOO!!

Spencer

P.S. Speaking of Greekness, I've been known to impersonate Gus from My Big Fat Greek Wedding on numerous occasions. "Give me a word, any word...!"

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Well my dear friend... I must agree with you. There is nothing wrong with being a nut. I am too, I must confess. I doubt my Internet persona really expresses to what extent... one afternoon with me and people are never the same. But there aren't enough good-natured people with a good sense of humor- there should be more of us. The world is sadly lacking.

Here's to acting like one's self, and being a little crazy!!!!

P.S. *diez* I'm known to do Aunt Voula impersonations -- "I could snap you like a chicken!" or "Oh, that's okay! I make lamb!" or going into her 'twin' story... verbatim. Dad quotes one of Gus' lines often: "You better get married soon. You're starting to look old." - *grimaces* You might take a wild guess at who he teases with that one. LOL!!

Oh, and I'd like to see you pretend to sing opera, someday. :P

To make Mum and Dad laugh, I do Lina Lamont voice impersonations from Singin' in The Rain -- If you haven't seen that, you haven't lived. (The movie, that is.)

The Warrior said...

Holy baloney...you've seen it too? LOL. "A lump, always a lump!"

I love the scene, "We're gonna kill ya!" Yeah...when said time comes for me, he'll know I'm deadly serious. :-P

Singin' in the Rain? Awww...do I haaave to? *hates musicals*

Spencer

The Warrior said...

P.S. I love to impersonate good movie characters. I'm pretty dang good at the Joker, I can do Batman, John Connor, etc. Like to do 1995 Mr. Collins, 1996 Mr. Knightley, and other such fun. Oh, and doing Agent Smith and/or Morpheus from the Matrix films is a blast. :-P

olde.fashioned said...

Lizzy, ROTFLOL DYING!!!

"Bibopsy!"

;-)

I can attest to the truth of Spencer's statements. He's scarily good at both the Joker and Batman. :O

As for acting crazy, I think it's a good thing every now and then. There's just something WRONG with people who have no sense of humor.