Thursday, March 25, 2010

The straw that broke the camel's back

I thank you all for your many comments on my last post. I asked many of you to read it and tell me what you thought; I can see the astounding amount of support. Remember when I asked you if you were with me?

It's because I need you all just now. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for Spencer. My mind is spinning like mad, and while this (politics, I mean) doesn't come naturally to me, I'm coming up with some ideas, at least to start with.

Very soon, I'm going to ask for your help. Be prepared for our unarmed uprising.

Spencer

3 comments:

The Warrior said...

FYI (for your inspiration):

"Never give in—-never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

--Winston S. Churchill

fuzzys dad said...

Just say when

Johann said...

It's called nullification. Go read about the 1828 tariff crisis.
Then go read the nullification articles over at LewRockwell.com.
If we are to be a free people, we must behave as such. Noncompliance with bureaucrats is essential. That includes (in no particular order), the census, the IRS, (if possible), the FDA, the BATF, etc., to note some of the more important ones.

Remember...we are only seeing the symptoms of the problem. The true answer to these problems is revival.
And only revival. Political reform only lasts a short time.

Rejection of Natural Law, (laid down in Exodus), and the embracing of legal law, (laid down by those in power), is a direct result of rejection of God.

This is humanism made manifest. What more should we expect?

That said, there is no reason not to fight it politically, so long as we remember that
A. We are only fighting symptoms
B. The true fix is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, rather than head knowledge. (Revival, personal, corporate, at church, at state, and at national levels.)
C. That God is sovereign and we are in the palm of His hand.
Blessings, my friend!
Johann
P.S. Please don't fall into the "U.S. Constitution is perfect!!" fallacy. Remember, the Constitution was an increase in government, despite the checks and balances. Also, it didn't recognize the right of property...without which all the other rights guaranteed are "window dressings."