Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ghosts

All of you here should already be familiar with my position on "aliens".

I was largely introduced to this way of thinking by Ron Rhodes in his book, Alien Obsession (I need to read it again so I can more accurately recommend it to people--I don't remember any issues when I read it when I was rather young, though). Suffice it to say that I am more than convinced that the theory he subscribes to (not unique to only Rhodes) is nothing short of fact. "Aliens" are not false, but real. The only thing is, they are not true extraterrestrials from other planets besides our own. They are literal demons, masquerading as beings from other parts of the universe in order to do what the devil does best--deceive. Have you ever read anything by someone who is what they call an abductee? It's clear that these events are real, and even more clear that the culprit is far different from what most people think. It is the work of the enemy.

I more recently read Alien Intrusion by Gary Bates (a few years back), and I offer this in my Amazon store. It's written from a clear Creationist and Christian point of view (Bates goes over why the idea of beings from other planets is wrong scientifically and Biblically). If that isn't enough, Vision Forum sold it at one point, and Answers in Genesis promotes it, amongst other groups. I beg you to please get a copy for yourself. It might scare you silly, but it's one I think just about everyone (who is old enough--it is no kiddie book) should read. That said, Bates is of the same opinion: aliens are demons. This is a very deep topic, and one that has a little personal history (NO I never saw little green men in my bedroom), but I won't attempt to do it injustice here.

So what's all this have to do with ghosts? Tonight I'm going to advance my own theory. I don't believe it's fair nor wise to write-off all paranormal encounters as balderdash and fakery. I keep an open mind about this sort of thing. The Bible makes it very clear that otherworldly forces are constantly at work. But it is also clear that talk of ghosts always comes straight to the most un-Godly of philosophies. So what's the problem here?

First, we need to define the word ghost. To most people, a ghost is a departed spirit of a once-living human that, for whatever reason, still stalks the earth. Why this is unbiblical? One, when you die, your spirit does not remain stuck on earth. Two, there are only two kinds of spirits--angels and demons (humans do not count, at least for the purposes of this discussion). Demons were once angels. The Bible tells us much about them both; their doings, their capabilities, and their work (whomever they may serve).

So, if they aren't dead people's spirits, what are they? Clearly, they are not physical (at least not always). The malevolent nature of most paranormal encounters tells us that they are not angels.

They are demons.

At least, that's what I think.

So why do they often appear as deceased loved ones, "known" entities (such as figures in history, etc), and such? Well, if the angels of the Bible can take on the shape of things such as humans (and they did), why not demons (as Rhodes pointed out in his alien book, after all, they are fallen angels)? And why not as ghosts (or even aliens)? I remember watching a show on television last summer. The most disturbing yet captivating paranormal story I've ever heard, it concerned a young woman constantly tormented in her sleep by what is known as The Hag (experienced by apparently many, many different people). This entity, amongst other things, once appeared to her as her own daughter. While I can't prove that all this happened, I have no reason to believe that it didn't.

These are my own positations on the subject; I have never heard them proposed nor even considered. This is only what my limited knowledge has come up with. Drawing people into the paranormal, the Occult, and all such matters suits Beelzebub well, and as he is the master of deceit, what better way to do that then to come calling as, say, your dead lover? Very effective.

To those who might make the claim that even considering such ideas is wrong in the name of Christianity, may I ask if we should willfully make ourselves ignorant of the wiles of the roaring lion? I don't think so. It's the Enemy to End All Enemies we are dealing with here. Thus, Spencer is concerned. (And I also believe in this sort of thing; you may remember that I once had my own spiritual encounter, although it was just with a stark plain demon and not a traditional "ghost".)

Very recently I was excited to find that Ron Rhodes has a book on this topic. I had no idea. I recently bought it, and it just came in the mail today. I know little of Rhodes beyond the books of his that I have read, and I have zero knowledge of what he will say in this book.

Might my ideas be worth something? We will wait and see.

Spencer

5 comments:

duva said...

"(Bates goes over why the idea of beings from other planets is wrong scientifically and Biblically)"

Could you give a short summary of why it would be wrong? After all we do know that there are loads of planets out there, and loads more that we can't see yet; and besides, we've discovered a lot of things that weren't expressly described in the Bible (without necessarily contradicting it) haven't we?

WildWeazel said...

Out of curiosity, what is Bates' Biblical argument against beings from other planets? I tend to believe there are not, but I haven't come across a solid reason against it.

guitargirl said...

Luke 24:37-39 "But they were terrified and frightened , and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He" (Jesus) "said to them 'Why are you troubled and why do doubts arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."

Why would Jesus have said 'spirits' don't have flesh and bones if they really don't exist? That's like me saying the purple people eater doesn't like feta cheese when I know there is no such thing.

Just something to think about...

fuzzys dad said...

I had not thought about this until I heard a sermon on the radio on this subject.

Tragedy101 said...

My mother told me this when I was a child about ghosts. There is a passage in Samuel about the ghost of Saul there is no indication in the text that it was an evil spirit impersonating Saul.