Thursday, December 17, 2009

Men vs. Males

(Be forewarned, prepare for an ugly rant. I wasn't sure if I should post this or not, but I've written it now and vented a bit. However, I do ask that you keep my perspective in mind while you're reading or commenting.)

I am sick and tired of males. There is one huge difference between men and males. Manhood is that lofty ideal of men who lead, provide, and follow their one leader. Males, on the other hand, are the scum and slime that so many of us encounter every day.

Why don't we have sex with a girl and then drop her when she conceives? It's a good idea to drink, carouse, and be a despicable despot to the ladies around you. Oh, tired of working a job? Breadwinning not working too well for you? How about the "BAILOUT" option? It seems to work for the big companies nowadays, why not us?

This is the philosophy of males. It is ugly and detestable.

As this post is really not much more than a fed-up rant from yours truly about males specifically, I will not attempt to cover the philosophies that have admittedly contributed to the downfall of manhood (feminism, Evolution, etc.). These ideas have not helped us in our tasks at all, but nor are they entirely to blame. After all, we allowed them to take seed and grow on our watch, countless males drinking of such poisons themselves. These males matter not. They couldn't stand the heat, so they left the war. They will never, ever take their place amongst the great warriors of our world.

The decision to be a man is that man's choice and his alone. No one else is to blame. Brethren, we have a long fight ahead of us, but I for one absolutely refuse surrender, or even peace terms. Christianity has taken far too many prisoners in our many wars. Just look at the church today--we have bought many a devilish thought, we swallowed the wiles of the feminists, Evolutionists, humanists, and that's not mentioning the countless others. So, this is why I raise the black flag. No more prisoners of the philosophies of the enemy! No more retreats, no more surrenders! We advance, and we win.

On one particular aspect of all of this, I have found a large amount of males that have succumbed to the pressures of the economic woes of our day, and just quit. While such males take on many forms, this is one particular type that I've seen an alarming increase in. Guess what? The Bible talked about this, and in bold language.

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
1 Timothy 5:8

I have more respect for the unsaved patriarchs who take care of their families than I do for those who claim the faith and abandon them.

This is a disease, and what do you do with a disease? You exterminate it.

Something isn't right. Somehow, we let this happen. The weaker of our own sex succumbed to something, and the first battle in this war is within us. The best way to fight this black-flag war will be to live like men ourselves. I ask that each and every one of you do that. Together we will be united in manhood.

The ridiculous Monday Night Football male, the Old, Un-attuned Father male, and the Metro male all must die their deaths. (As to homosexuality, is there any question at all that this isn't manly? It prompts me to want to ask, "What's the matter, that whole 'man' thing didn't work out for ya?")

I'm not talking about brawling, belching gruffs who delight in seeing other males throw pigskins as well as the bodies of those who cheer for them. I'm talking about real men. I'm sure anyone here knows exactly what kind of manhood I'm talking about. Brothers, it's the only kind. (And just for clarification, I am not trying to pontificate, or elevate myself in any manner.) No one ever said it was an easy path, but it is the only path.

From this day forward, if you are a male and not a man, I declare you to be my enemy. If you simply can't handle it, if the way of the coward is more pleasing to your soft skin, sleeved emotions, and porcelain morality, then get out. You do not deserve a place amongst our ranks.

The Justin Timberlakes of this world are so concerned with "bringing sexy back".

Well, I propose that we bring manliness back!

Spencer
Bringing Manliness Back
Since 2006

13 comments:

JT Norlander said...

I agree with you for the most part. We must be careful as Christians that we do not harm our witness. Yes, strong language is called for sometimes, (for an example of mine on this subject, check out my post at http://proeliatorlucis.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-take-on-being-man.html )

But we must be careful with the said strong language, lest we destroy our witness. I don't think saying that we must "exterminate" is going to help people see you in a good light, nor will saying that whatever you were talking about "must die their deaths". Maybe it's just metaphorical. If so, you need to make it clearer.

Again, there's a place for strong language. The Bible uses strong language, but not quite in this context.

JT

Teresa said...

Great rant! I totally agree.

Males have no concept of what the word responsibility means. Males just sortof coexist in our society and just get by today. They have lost a sense of values, too. Your right, males need to grow up and become men.

olde.fashioned said...

Wow, maybe I should go away and come back when I've composed a suitably worthy reply to such a worthy post!

If only more men thought like you do; maybe we girls wouldn't have to settle for worse-than-worthless "males" who are more interested in "getting the milk for free" than going to all the expense and responsibility to actually buy the cow...to use a crude expression (forgive me!).

I about sputtered laughing so hard in regards to your "what, that manly thing just not workin' out for ya?" remark! ROTFLOL and oh-so-true. Sadly.

Re: the black flag...I think you know which certain quote spoken by which certain awesome historical figure in which certain awesome historical movie that came to mind whilst reading that statement. ;-)

Andrew said...

I'm afraid can definitely relate to your frustration. Our culture has lost sight of what masculinity means.

The Warrior said...

JT: Indeed, it is nothing but metaphorical. You're new to my blog so the comment "I'm sure anyone here knows exactly what kind of manhood I'm talking about." didn't work for you, so I'm sorry about that.

Please understand me, I mean the philosophies must die their deaths, and be exterminated, etc., not any people whatsoever. I have never nor ever will advocate violence (unless of course you are defending your own life or another's). That's also what I meant by asking everyone to keep my perspective in mind.

In the end, I don't expect to be seen in a good light, really.

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."
Luke 6:26

I completely understand where you are coming from, though, and see your point. But perhaps my clarification may change your outlook on my post?

Teresa, OF, and Andrew: Thank you for your comments and support. I understand that posting this was rather something of going out on a limb (took me some deciding to actually put it up) so I appreciate the support.

Spencer

The Warrior said...

JT: Oh, and by the way, I LOVED your post there. Totally understand how you feel, and such frustrations were the beginnings of my road to where I am now and the feelings that caused this post. Like you said, I also said I wasn't trying to sound perfect (I said "pontificate") so I hope I am now crystal clear, sir. K?

Anyhow, perhaps it might just make sense to me only. If you had lived my life up to the point where I am today, perhaps you might understand why I am just a slight bit unhappy. Not biting with that, just sayin'.

Glad to see you around, and glad to see you helping to bring manliness back!

God bless,

Spencer

duva said...

Well, I don't quite know how to respond to this. Myself I'm more interested in "Humanitas" (not implying that I endorse the so-called "humanists" who seem to be wanting to exterminate all religion) than "Virtus" to use a Latin mode of expression (more interested in being a great human than a great man you might say).

Anyway, I think you are doing it a bit too easy for yourself, breaking it up into only two categories like that. Look at this quote:

"Why don't we have sex with a girl and then drop her when she conceives? It's a good idea to drink, carouse, and be a despicable despot to the ladies around you. Oh, tired of working a job? Breadwinning not working too well for you? How about the "BAILOUT" option? It seems to work for the big companies nowadays, why not us?"

I find that behaviour utterly despicable and so do most people I know of, yet I think none of them really falls into your view of a manly man, nor do I, I fear. In fact, I might say those who aspire to be "manly" (but not quite with all the implications you lay in the word) are most often those I see doing such things.

Also I might add that in my country at least, the feminists are definitely the strongest movement fighting for making men more responsible for the well-being of the family.

But (apparently) being your enemy and not deserving a place among your ranks, maybe I shall just leave...?

Julie B. said...

Wow, Spencer.

Courtney said...

WOW great post, Spencer! I wish more young men thought like you do. Keep it up! Manliness is something that is definitely missing in today's culture.

Johann Van De Leeuw said...

Amen. Very thoughtful post, etc., I totally agree. Keep up the good work.

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
1 Timothy 5:8
Again, amen! This is a prime reason for the principle that Christian's should fight, and kill, in defense of themselves and their families.
Keep it up, Spencer!
~Johann

The Warrior said...

Duva: Well, first I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

"I think none of them really falls into your view of a manly man"

That was my point...?

On the other hand, I have told you before that you are always welcome here on my blog, Jonas. I did not aim any of this at you or any one person in particular. Remember, I speak metaphorically. "Ranks" refers to Christian men, and "enemy" refers to someone on the other side (if you're not for Him, you are effectively against Him). To be straightforward and honest, I have literally extended the hand of friendship to those who would technically be my "enemies" more than once.

I would be sorry to see you go, Jonas.

Julie: Glad to see you here, and thanks for commenting!

Courtney and Johann: Thank you for the support. Again, I appreciate it, especially on this post. :-)

Spencer

Lizzy said...

Well, technically I'm rather late in this discussion- But I did want to put in a word or two here. I agree with what you've said completely. I would hope that any children the Lord may see fit to bless me with sometime in future would share these convictions as well. (Especially my sons.) Once again you approach a subject that needs to be addressed- whether or not everyone would agree with you. Hear, hear.

duva said...

Hey, Spencer, looks like I'm hanging around a bit longer then.

I do realize you speak metaphorically, on the other hand your metaphors are sometimes more than a little bit blunt ;) Well, to make a long story short my problem with all this is that I don't realize where I fit in, nor most people I know of, in your two categories of "ranks" and "enemies". And to make a short story a little bit longer, being an enemy of God isn't what I strive to be, nor what I think I am; however, isn't that what I seem to be from your perspective?

That said I do appreciate your honesty as well as your graciousness.

Jonas