Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Confession

Okay, I just gotta say, readers. I pulled a prank. :-P

In this post, I claimed that a "beksa" was a rare Malaysian bovid. I pulled a description from the air, and then pulled a picture later on that fit the description to make my joke more believable. Well, olde-fashioned was right (at first)--I made it up! I managed to still fool at least one person, so I was pleased. :-P However, I expected my joke to be discovered, but it wasn't. Haha!

Two reasons you should have known:

1. The picture URL says "tapir". You missed it?

2. I claimed to misspell the name. Spencer doesn't misspell.


Heheh. Sometimes I am just so wrong. ;-P

Spencer

P.S. Gravelbelly, sorry to hijack your crosspost. I just had to do it. ;-P

9 comments:

Son3 said...

Oh, the power Cryptozoologists hold over laymen.

The Warrior said...

Did I get you? :-P

olde.fashioned said...

YOU MONKEY!!!!

Lady Neferankh said...

Might we hope you will now enlighten us as to the nocturnal feeding habits of the--* glances down at her verification word*--flubrall?

Son3 said...

Nay, I be a Cryptozoologist!

(Actually, I didn't see the post.)

:)

Mariah :) said...

I was about to ask how in the world I had managed to miss that whole discussion... then I realized that this was just after my brother died. Oh, that's why!

Anyway, nice picture of a tapir. Although I don't think that a tapir quite fits the first description you gave... perhaps you're lucky, after all, that I missed the discussion... because I probably would have caught that...

Mwahahaha!

P.s. My word verification is actually a real word: waver! I win!

The Warrior said...

LN: LOL. Actually a flubrall is corrupted from it's original meaning of "furball". These fluffy gray creatures live in an urban setting and cause a lot of trouble, but only to those who dislike them. Some people simply do not notice.

AKA dust bunnehs. :-P

Mariah: You're just too smart. :-P

Mariah :) said...

I don't know about being "too smart." It's more like I have a little brother who's like an encyclopedia when it comes to animals... and it's rubbed off on me a bit... ;)

Word verification: Nonte(n) (From the Latin non, meaning not, and the name Dante) One who is opposed to Dante.

Just kidding...

olde.fashioned said...

Mariah -- I had no idea about your brother. While we obviously don't know each other very well, I extend my sincerest sympathies and I'm so very sorry for your loss. If you ever need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to email me at olde.fashioned@gmail.com. Once again I'm so very sorry! *gives you a hug* I don't know what I'd do without my brother...I can't imagine what you're going through. :'(

Lady Neferankh: ROTFLOL!

Spencer: It's a PLOT BUNNY, not a dust bunny!!!!!