Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Art of Manliness: How to Escape a Sinking Car

Interesting. What do you all think of the seatbelt thing?

My comment on the article:

I would like to point out that many quality knife-makers produce knives with built-in seatbelt cutters and glassbreakers, just like the Lifehammer. Two that come to mind are Boker’s Jim Wagner Reality-Based Rescue Blade, and Blackhawk’s Hawkhook. There are cheaper versions out there, though (Boker’s economy Magnum line has an orange EMT rescue knife as well), so don’t be discouraged.

I’ve never used or handled Lifehammer so have nothing negative to say, but I just had to step in and say, “Look, you can get three tools in one!”

http://www.boker.de/us/index.php?c=3000&a=01BO052&s1=wagner&s2=0&s3=9999&p=&pp=0
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/HawkHook,685,37.htm

Spencer


Also of interest is this Lifehammer thing. I've actually never heard of them, but I might be sold already on one or the other. I have some of the same tools on different products and also intend to buy others, but then again Spencer likes a layered defense. Eh?

Spencer

P.S. Post shall be dedicated to the fallen, wounded, missing and present of our warriors.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow....I've never thought about all the possible difficulties inherent in escaping from a sinking car!! The seatbelt comment certainly makes sense - but I'm not sure I could resist the urge to immediately unbuckle! Survival instinct takes over..........

~Courtney

Andrew said...

situation I hope I'm never in, but thanks.

Mariah :) said...

Why am I not surprised?

;)

The Reluctant Dragon said...

Wait, why is this an art of manliness?

The Warrior said...

Reluctant Dragon: Because being prepared and ready for anything and everything is definitely one of the lost arts of manliness!

Thanks for visiting, please stop by again!

Spencer