Friday, October 09, 2009

There is no Dream

I had one freaky dream two nights ago.

I woke up when it was still dark, realizing I had been dreaming. I didn't jolt awake, thankfully, but the dream, if it had been real, would have been horrifying.

I seemed to be in some sort of high-tech headquarters, say, where you might find the CIA or FBI in the movies. I was with many other people, very official, FBI/CIA-looking. Also, there appeared to be characters from the Matrix films. Morpheus appeared more than once, Trinity may have been there, and...well, I think I was Neo! (Not gonna argue with that. Hey, can I have his wardrobe?)

What was troubling us was...strange, however. We could not escape the building complex due to an excellent security system. What triggered that system, is hard to describe. Suffice it to say it was an army of amoeba-like monsters, except they were huge, bigger than a human. I'm not sure if it was one giant organism or if there were multiple beings, all I'm sure of is that they were slowly picking us off. As we attempted to find a way out, we continued to lose people. I myself narrowly escaped being eaten in what appeared to be a full-blown locker room (another man wasn't so lucky). They knew no bounds. They could squeeze through anything, go up, down, anywhere, and what was worse, nothing we had could fight them. (Okay, I admit it, I saw a minute of the 1988 version of The Blob on TV, okay?)

I don't know how this terror trial ended, but it did, and the dream ended on a note of hope as one building (the revamped headquarters?) was being constructed as I watched. An enormously thick concrete slab was placed beneath the foundation, deep underground. Beneath this was a strange (and illogical) series of spaces equipped with a new technology that might be called subterranean munitions. Since the beings came from beneath ground much of the time (Like Tremors?), this would be a way to help stop them. Not infallible, but a start. This was to be life on earth for the rest of time.

So, whatcha think? Apparently, Neo kicks the can in this arena!





Spencer

5 comments:

Mada said...

Umm...I'm actually not quite sure WHAT to say. :-/ (sounds like the start of a sci-fi disaster script for a movie, though)

olde.fashioned said...

You didn't like the old version of The Blob when you were little, either. I guess it's kinda creepy to have something squishy chasing you and it can't be killed via conventional methods.

duva said...

Hehe, intriguing... I wish my dreams were as vivid as that more often ;) (I did have one a few weeks ago about fighting three badgers though!)

*Stacy* said...

trippy. dreams are so random. haha

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Dude. Badgers???? (And no, I doubt you want my dreams. Just trust me on that one.)