Wednesday, September 23, 2009

An Exercise for Thee: Part 3

Holy cow. I simply do not believe it. I didn't expect to have a third part to this series. Certainly, I didn't expect to see what I saw on television last night. Apparently I've been way behind in the news, but I was at a loss for words at the sight.

I write a post as usual, but this time with a prediction of the future, and the very next day, I see it all come true.

My Date with a Robot: Scientific American

Japanese develop 'female' android: BBC NEWS

I remember when someone I know within the scientific community mentioned Ian Malcolm (from Jurassic Park) and then made a statement that, although part of an entirely different conversation, can be applied here. "Everyone is so concerned with the question of 'Can we do it?' without stopping to ask 'Should we?'"

Again. Holy cow.

Spencer

P.S. If anyone is interested, I saw this on Popular Science's Future Of show from the Science Channel. It is near the beginning of the "Sex" episode, but as a warning I myself chose not to view the rest of the episode due to my expectations of content, so be warned.

3 comments:

olde.fashioned said...

Ooooh!! You predicted the future! Hee hee! :-D

Lady Neferankh said...

Ah, well--I didn't want to scare you, but I read a book published way back in '95 that very specifically laid out all the things you would "need" for a "love interest" robot * head desk *

So no, don't worry about being behind on the news. This stuff has been going around for a while, it's just receiving more attention lately because of various trends

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Scare me? ????