Friday, April 24, 2009

The Joker speaks about America

You may have heard about what is officially called the Inter-American Convention Against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives and Other Related Materials (CIFTA) treaty. You have likely read about it here. Truly, we can see what it really is if it says "Against...Firearms, Ammunition..." in it. Yet another international treaty, hmm?

This is one of many issues facing us today. Increasing violation of the rights of the people are being enacted, attempted, etc. The media attempts to hide it, but there are those who speak.

These are nothing less than all-out attacks on our God-given, Constitutionally-recognized rights. They talk about human rights? Well, this is what I consider to be a human right. The 2nd Amendment, parental rights, freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom to educate one's child at home, and many, many other things are being threatened today.

Again, please see GOA's analysis here, as well as my last post. I don't like to be a broken record, but I sincerely believe it is time to "get active" for lack of a better term. It is time to stand up and say, "I refuse to allow my rights to be trampled. I refuse to be quiet, I refuse to back down. I claim the rights my God and my government has given me, and I refuse to do anything but oppose any and all direct assaults upon my rights as a free citizen of the United States of America."

Remember that scene in The Dark Knight, when the Joker says "If we don't deal with this now, little, uh, Gambol here, won't have a nickel for his Grandma!" Well, if we don't deal with all of this now, then what will our children have? What will happen to our great nation? Certainly, our future will not be bright.

But I'm sure that makes me a terrorist for saying that.

Spencer

8 comments:

olde.fashioned said...

I surely hope some politician has brains enough to see this farce for what it is and works to block it. But then I suppose I'm being optimistic, since politicians generally belong to the same phylum as the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz. *scowls*

Do they really think that taking away guns is going to help?? Doesn't anyone get it that the bad guys will always have guns???

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

It isn't about the bad guys.

Lady Neferankh said...

I think that's being a bit insulting to compare politicians to scarecrows...

And I think you can figure out which group it is, that I think is being insulted

PS
My verification word is "gavend" what's a "gavend"?

Mada said...

It's stupid - those outside the law won't give a toss for any new "gun laws", because they don't give a toss for the law anyway. All this is going to do is harm those who wouldn't abuse their right to own firearms in the first place.

There has to be an ulterior motive for this. Something a bit more sinister.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Scarecrows?

olde.fashioned said...

Scarecrows?Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor, usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

*halo* O:-)

My verification word is "gavend" what's a "gavend"?My guess is it has something to do with the "undarrer" that is my verification....O.o

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Would you like to see my mask? Um, probably not very frightening to a guy like you, but these crazies, they can't stand it.

They scream and they cry!...much as you're doing now.

olde.fashioned said...

Nope, he's not faking, not that one. We'll have to move him down to the secure wing at Arkham, I can't treat him here...

;-D