Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The international treaty scourges again. This time, reloading our guns might be illegal too?

I am so deeply disgusted that I have so much to say I can't even say it all. I'd have trouble just articulating.

From Gun Owners of America:

Less than 100 days into his administration, he’s never met a gun he didn’t hate.

A week ago, Obama went to Mexico, whined about the United States, and bemoaned (before the whole world) the fact that he didn’t have the political power to take away our semi-automatics. Nevertheless, that didn’t keep him from pushing additional restrictions on American gun owners.

It’s called the Inter-American Convention Against Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, and Other Related Materials. To be sure, this imponderable title masks a really nasty piece of work.

...

Modifying a firearm in any way would surely be “illicit manufacturing.” And, while it would be a stretch, assembling a firearm after cleaning it could, in any plain reading of the words, come within the screwy definition of “illicit manufacturing.”



This is abhorrent. I know I say this alot, but PLEASE just send the prefilled emails out at least...it's right in the link. All you have to do is fill out the info fields.

We must, must fight this. I'll be blasting my senators, as left as they are....

Spencer

3 comments:

Lizzy Brown said...

Sheesh. Could it get any worse? Thanks for sharing this; I'm definitely telling my Dad about all this trash. He'll be roaring mad. If only everyone would call their senators. Better yet, if everyone would REALLY pray. Prayers are our 'heavy artillery'. Praying- planning- e-mailing. Makes me feel like going out a buying the biggest semi-automatic I can find...... must be the rebel in me.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Lizzy, you always did, but now it's official. Thou dost Rock. :-)

You're right in every word there.... We should buy more guns! :-D

Spencer

Lizzy Brown said...

LOL! Yup, it must be official now. :P Thanks for bestowing the title.

Talking about all this gun stuff, reminded me of something I read after Obama won the election. Someone wrote about how they sold 60,000 guns in two weeks from all the gun shows they had up here in Washington and Idaho. (Some sold to white supremacists no doubt... :|) I think Obama is scared, it has to be. Then of course there is the rumor about powerful people here in the Northwest that want to 'secede from the union' and create 'Columbia' the fifty-first state you might say. They would take the eastern half of WA, the northern part of ID and western MT- with or without Government approval. It's just a rumor of course- you know, one 'rancher' talking to another- But I thought you'd want to hear about it. Its actually quite profound, some of it.