Saturday, May 03, 2008

Obama's Pastor - Rev. Jeremiah Wright

I'm sure any reader of my blog can extrapolate with enough correctness as to already know my position on this subject.

However, just today on the radio quite a bit of his sermons; several extended clips, 2 to 5 minutes long. And what a...load of...poison. I'm all for free speech and all, but this was outright treason, not to mention spiritual heresy and even racism. He was as extremely anti-American as you can get, anti-war, and literally said that "we" are no different than Al-Qaida. (Most of the time he somewhat justified the actions of the murderous terrorists of 9/11 or Iraq--indeed, two of ther "sermons" I heard were from those time periods--while ferociously condemning everything American, including the Constitution). Oh, and did I mention that he spoke favorably of the U.N.?

But, get this. I've been meaning to post this but hadn't yet gotten around to it. I don't know if this was even Wright's church or not, but I saw him on TV. (I tried in vain to find a photo of this on the internet.) On the pulpit, literally right on the front of this pulpit, was a symbol. Not the cross, not even a dove or something of that sort. An ankh. An ankh!

And do we know where the ankh comes from, people?



And this is "Christianity"?

Dr. Paleo Ph.D.

4 comments:

Alyssa, Midenian Scholar said...

This is my dad's favorite subject right now. ;) Everything we talk about has something to do with this ridiculous pastor or Obama. So I've heard of that. It's so stupid.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

You know, I like you around my blog. Another nice conservative emphasis is always welcome. :-)

iJosh said...

Isn't the Ankh the Egyptian symbol for life? That sure gives Christianity a bad name. And his sermons are absolutely garbage. How about calling them his own personal opinions, instead of the word of God. It could almost be blasphemy.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

I might want to actually and officially endorse that statement, Josh--except I might say it "is" blasphemy. :-P