Friday, May 02, 2008

An Empire Dies

The mighty Empire of Korea has now come to an end. At least, for me.

Tonight was tough, but having the black belt ceremony as my last time there was the perfect ending. I don't think I've had that many hugs in one day in my entire life though; heck, I even hugged two guys! And I don't think that's ever happened in my whole life either, not even with family.... (And trust me, I never hug guys.)

Seriously, though, I'm too emotional. Well, my iron-ness is at least good enough. I'm getting sickeningly used to the idea of perpetual goodbyes and endings. But, with endings, come new beginnings, don't they? I had to leave. I didn't want to, but I have a personal odyssey to follow. And that, my friends, is where I'm off to now.

Spencer

2 comments:

Alyssa, Midenian Scholar said...

Congrats for leaving something you love when you felt conflicted you should. That takes a lot of guts. :)

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Yeah, though it was less guts and more a kind of painful sort of thing, but it's all good. I would have left eventually. I've got some work I need to do and can't do both, so it was a necessary evil.

Spencer