Friday, December 07, 2007

Testing

Well, today is the day of my yellow belt test. It's at 5:30 PM.

I had to write an essay (I'll try to get it on here for you to read) on respect, prepare for weeks, and pay a $50 fee, but it'll all be worth it. ...if I pass, that is.

Stonewall has done everything he can to make me feel better about it, and I'm confident that I can do everything. I know what the testing will be, so I know I can do what I'll have to. My only qualm is that I might mess up, even though I can do it under normal circumstances.

I already had my "Basic" belt stripe, and on Monday the 26th earned my "Form" stripe. The next night, I got my "Breaking" and "To Test" stripes. I was officially ready.

This is more emotional...more caught up in me than it would seem to many people.

So, wish me Godspeed instead of luck, and toss a few prayers my way if you have the chance to worry about me. ;-D

Spencer the white belt

3 comments:

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Remember what today is?

Don't forget them. Don't ever forget them. To do so would be wrong.

Spencer

Corky Marie said...

you've got it, spence. ;) you'll be great. i know you will.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Thanks. The support means a lot. :-)