Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Another News Round

It's about time for one, don't you think?

Congress passes Va. Tech-inspired gun bill
Paleo's Comments: Well, since Mr. Bush is in the habit of vetoing so many bills, perhaps he'd like to veto this one?

Torture house, mass graves discovered in Iraq

Romney: Man of Year choice 'disgusting'
Paleo's Comments: For once, Mr. Romney, I have to agree with you.

Romney ad attacks Huckabee as soft on crime

Paul keeps donation from white supremacist

How do you talk to kids about Britney's sister?
Paleo's Comments: Ladies and gentleman, this is where "America the Beautiful," land of the free and home of the brave, is going.

Julia has three mommies
Paleo's Comments: You know, I have to say, I agree with Miss Nebraska.

DavidWarrenOnline: ESSAYS ON OUR TIMES: Priscilla

Dr. Paleo Ph.D.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Have you read Romney's "Faith in America" address? I think you'd agree with him there, too:

http://nccunningham.blogspot.com/2007/12/inspiration-for-america.html

As for Huckabee, he was actually pretty high on my list of potential "votables," but after his recent attacks on the LDS faith (he knew what he was doing), he lost my vote completely. Romney accepted his apology, but in my opinion, no one who resorts to those tactics in a political race--regardless of their religious background or the religion being attacked--deserves the White House.

Alyssa, Midenian Scholar said...

Re: Iraq Grave

It always frustrates me how the media don't talk about this side of things. I read an article in World Magazine last spring, in which men who had escaped from Iraq were interviewed. It feels like the fact that Hussein was a dictator who tortured these people and ruined the ecosystem in the north doesn't matter to the media. The media would rather look down their noses at George Bush and the military than have to report the good things that are going on.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Alyssa: Exactly! Perfect point, I've always thought that too! We could go on and on about it.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Nate: I didn't realize I hadn't replied to your comment. What attacks?