Friday, January 19, 2007

The Warrior Returns!

The Warrior: Eire Attack: A Lego Vignette

After a long hiatus, my Lego Warrior vignettes have returned! The new up-and-coming batch are from September of last year. I've been so busy that I haven't had much of a chance to upload them or anything (my digital camera and computer makes it difficult). These, however, have been sitting around in my folder for a while, so I'll post this one first to start off my new batch!


The Warrior, in great need of a vacation, travels to Ireland for a short break from his stressful work. However, he soon finds himself embroiled in conflict with strange remnants of the Irish Republican Army, just now making a violent resurgence. He tracks them down to their lair, but finds that the police have already arrived and have been brutally massacred. Are any of them alive? Are the terrorists still there? Will The Warrior survive a fierce gunfight without his precious war suit, which he left back home in the States?

The Warrior Returns!

The whole gallery:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=210223

Dr. Paleo / Histo-Sci

5 comments:

Laetificus Letificus said...

I like it! The police car is cute! Are the holes in the fence from the gun shots? I like the guy in the window.

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

Yes, those holes are from gunfire. I made it in a stop-motion-animation-like sequence such a way as to have one or two holes appear in each frame, as the wall was getting shot. Well, the most important picture for that my computer corrupted. :-!

And the Police car is an actual set, not of my own design (I completely stink at making Lego cars, and always have). See here:

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=7236-1

Thanks for commenting!

Laetificus Letificus said...

Well, I stink at making anything out of Legos. Actually...I haven't tried to make anything for quite some time now.

Nathan said...

Ah, it's good to see the Warrior again! :-D

This is one of your best vigs yet. You did a fantastic job of incorporating the green/gray rock piece into the wall, and the building is, indeed, very Irish. And, of course, the bullet holes are a nice touch. ;-)

Dr. Paleo Ph.D. said...

This was made with Pick-A-Brick and Battle at the Pass parts (as you might have guessed for the latter). The green roof parts are PAB.

Thanks for the comments! I really actually loved the building too, if I do say so myself.